Friday, July 6, 2012

I made a New Doll!


Here's my newest doll creation.  I started with Christine Shively's Treasurer Keeper pattern - the doll is mounted on a boat shelf that you can find at the craft stores, I did a scrapbook paper collage inside the shelf.  You probably can't see it, but I have little cupcake & pie buttons along the top shelf - yum!  The doll's dress is made from my mother's Aunt Helen's hand embroidered, crocheted, and tatted laces and linens.  I've had these linens in plastic bags in my closet which wasn't doing anybody any good and they are going on 75 years old so I wanted to do something to show off Aunt Helen's beautiful linens.  I'm going to give this doll to Mom but this pattern would work up so nicely as a wedding/bride gift, Christmas, Halloween, or any kind of keepsake.  It was a fun project and Christine loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment